Make your Arduino the onboard brain of a mobile robot and learn robotics, electronics, and programming with this versatile kit and its accompanying step-by-step lessons. The Board of Education Shield plugs into your own Arduino (not included) and mounts on the popular Boe-Bot robot chassis.
With this kit and your own Arduino module, you can follow the Robotics with the Board of Education Shield for Arduino lessons with over 40 hands-on activities.
- Learning to program your robot's Arduino Brainz.
- Calibrating the robot's continuous rotation servo motors.
- Using lights and speakers for status indicators.
- Assembling the robot.
- Preprogrammed navigation.
- Using touch-switches to navigate by contact with objects.
- Using phototransistors to navigate by light.
Using non-contact infrared sensors to measure distance and avoid or follow objects.
Recommended age: This product should be used and manipulated by kids of over 8 years old.
- Board of Education Shield PCB.
- High-quality aluminum robot chassis, continuous rotation servos, and wheels.
- Boe-Boost Module.
- All the electronic components and sensors needed for the Robotics activities.
- All the assembly hardware needed (nuts, screws standoffs).
- Parallax Screwdriver.
Note: your own Arduino Uno, Mega, or Duemilanove module and programming cable is required; not included.
Downloads & Resources: