This is a medium level skilled robot kit in real microcontroller programming, suitable for students in technical colleges as well as universities.
The Robo-PIC kit uses the PIC Micrcontroller PIC16F887. Builders can write the controlled program in assembly, BASIC and C language. Only BASIC and C program language requires the use of a compiler software. However in this kit all examples are in C language with mikroC compiler from mikroElektronika (mikroE : www.mikroe.com).
The Robo-PIC robot kit can use this compiler as well. The demo version of Mikro C compiler is used for this robot kit. Builders who need to develop the advance program will need to purchase the full version from MikroE at their webiste. The demo version of mikroC can be downloaded from http:// www.mikroe.com.
However in the Robo-PICA robot kit, this software is in the bundled CD-ROM. You must download the mikroC manual latest version from mikroElektronika website. This building manual does not describe all the instructions. Another one tools is PIC microcontroller programmer software.
The Robo-PIC provides a USB programmer. Its function is compatible Microchips PICkit2TM programmer. The software can use PICkit2TM programming software. Download the latest version for free at www.microchip.com.
This Kit Includes :
- RBX-877 PIC16F887 microcontroller Robot controller board.
- More sensors consisting of Switch-IR reflector- IR Objector-38kHz IR module-Remote control, 2 DC motor gearboxes and Mechanical arts for building the robot.
- Programmed using C language by the MikroC evaluation version.
- Comes complete with manuals and MikroC evaluation software.
- USB programmer bundled in this kit.