The uVGA-III module is a compact and cost effective standalone VGA graphics engine powered by the PICASO graphics controller. It can provide QVGA/VGA/WVGA graphics solution to any embedded project with its powerful graphics, text, image, animation and countless more features built inside the module.
The PICASO works as a standalone device. It allows the user to take complete control of all available resources on the uVGA-III hardware platform such as the Serial Ports, uSD memory card, I/O pins, etc. This eliminates the need for an external host controller/processor to drive the uVGA-III module via serial commands. It provides the user complete control over the hardware module allowing them to quickly develop practical applications.
Programmed with 4D Systems Workshop 4 IDE Software, the uVGA-III could be the ideal embedded VGA graphics solution for your project.
Size and weight
- Module Width: 39.0 mm
- Module Height: 57.2 mm
- Module Depth: 11.0 mm
- Module Weight: 17.00g
Information about the display module
- Simple VGA interface to variety of monitors and LCD screens.
- Supports the following resolutions,
- 320 x 240 (QVGA)
- 640 x 480 (VGA)
- 800 x 480 (WVGA)
- Supports RGB 65K true to life colours.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any Serial device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO processor (also available as separate OEM IC for volume users).
- 15K bytes of flash memory for user code storage and 14K bytes of SRAM for user variables.
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 baud to 600K baud.
- 1 x I2C interface (Master).
- 13 x General Purpose I/O pins. Upper 8 bits can be used as an I/O Bus for fast 8-bit parallel data transfers.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4Gb.
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation.
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions. For all available features and functions under the 4DGL programming language.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters.
- 15 pin D-type standard VGA connector to interface to any external VGA monitor (via detachable cable, included).
- A 30 pin header for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 57.2 x 39mm.
- Weighing ~ 17g.
- RoHS Compliant.
uVGA-III Module Documentation
uVGA-III Product Brief
Rev 1.2 | 10 MB
uVGA-III 3D PDF
Rev 1.4 | 2.2 MB
uVGA-III PmmC/Firmware Downloads
uVGA-III PmmC Firmware
Release R36 | 06/27/2013
PICASO PmmC Firmware Release Notes
Updated Release R35
PICASO Processor Documentation
PICASO Processor Product Brief
Rev 1.0 | 1.30 MB
PICASO Processor Datasheet
Rev 1.1 | 8.10 MB
PICASO ModulesQuick Start Guide
Rev 1.0 | 1.3 MB