This kit Simple assembly of 3D printer metal containing all necessary measures to that in just four hours, your own 3D printer assembly parts.
Printrbot simple metal 3D printer is constructed mostly of metal and finished with a powder coat black. It offers a platform for producing parts up to 15.2 x 15.2 x 15.2 inches (length, width and height). It uses a 1.75mm PLA filament diameter (sold separately).
The print head moves on the Y (backward and forward), Z (up and down) and the print bed moves on the x axis (left to right). The print bed made of steel and aluminum is resistant to deformation and includes an auto-leveling sensor that works with the Host Repetier software.
This printer is connected to the computer via USB, or if you prefer, you can use the SD slot for loading print files and take them out.
3D printers work by stacking layers of a melt on other until prototypes and form solid pieces, the instructions given by 3D printers are obtained by computational design file (.STL). The impression material is provided to the extruder as a strand and deposited on the surface similar to a standard printer ink way. This printer with a single extruder, can be printed with one color at a time.
The thickness of printed layers can be customized for each print, but the thinner layer than a printer can create is known as its maximum resolution. When printing with very thin layers you can create pieces with more detail, but usually take longer to print.
- Printrbot Metal Simple 3D printer (Kit for assembling).
- 12V (60 watt) 5 amp laptop power supply.
- Power cord (3-ft. length).
- Micro-USB cable (34-in. length).
- Sample spool of 1.75-mm PLA plastic filament.
- (2) wood wrenches.
- Model: 1403.
- Build Volume: 6″ x 6″ x 6″ / 150mm x 150mm x 150mm / 215 cubic inches.
- Print Resolution: 50 Microns.
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended.
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included).
- Extruder: Alu Extruder (direct drive). 1.75mm Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle.
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video).
- Print Bed: Not heated.
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body with 8mm and 12mm diameter linear shaft.
- Belt: GT2.
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum.
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing.
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included).
- Max Current Draw: 4.5 amps.
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper.
- Overall Footprint*: 18″ x 17″ x 13″ (L x W x H).
Assembly Required: Si.
- Simple settings config file.
- Super User Cam Watt config file.
- Instructions for loading the config file.
Parts to print:
- FirstCube.stl - File before using Slicer
FirstCube.g - Gcode End Code ready to print.
- Simple Fan Shroud.stl - File before using Slicer
Simple Fan Shroud.g - Gcode End Code ready to print.
Windows 8.1 has signed drivers to recognize their Printrbot. For other versions of Windows, download from this link the required USB driver from here, right click on it and "Run as Administrator" to install the INF file. By following these steps, create a new COM port that can be used in Repetier Host.