The PLA (PolylLactic Acid) is one of the principal plastic types used in 3D printing. It is strong, rigid, offers a very high resistance to deformation, it is 100% biodegradable and compostable as is of a natural origin (corn, potatoes or sugar cane).
It has a variety of uses but is widely used in 3D pieces that require fast prototyping and excellent terminations in angles and vertex. It has a bright finish in comparison to ABS that has a matte finish.
This plastic is easier to work on than ABS thanks to lower extrusion temperatures, does not require a heated bed and does not emit foul smell.
This product contains 1Kg of 1.75mm thick PLA plastic filament in red colour and it is compatible with our printers: Assembled Printrbot Play, Printrbot Simple Kit for assembly, 3D Maker Select, Dual Extrusion 1.75mm ABS/PLA/PVA 3D Printer, Assembled Printrbot Plus and Assembled Printrbot Plus.
- The PLA filament is brighter and easier to work on compared to ABS, reducing overall printing time.
- It has a lower fusion point than ABS, allowing it to print pieces with great adherence without using a heated bed and reducing warping.
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm.
- Diameter tolerance: ±0.03mm.
- Extrusion temperature: from 180 to 210°C.
- Heated bed temperature: Does not require a heated bed
- Net Weight: Aprox 1Kg.
- Spool dimensions: 165 x 100mm (diameter, height).
- Spool mounting hole size: 40mm.
- Box dimensions: 190 x 240 x 240mm (length, wide y height).
- Package Weight: 1.2Kg.
- Origin: European Manufacturing.